Should there be no WI convenient for you why not get a few friends together and we may be able to start a new one! Our WI Advisers will be pleased to discuss this option.
Just a few facts you may need to know before you go any further:
- The WI is a national organisation but each WI is run by its own committee.
- It is a registered educational charity and as such is bound by Charity Commission rules. This means we may not raise money for other organisations - it is important that this is understood from the start.
- It is governed by a constitution which is signed by the Officers of the WI on formation.
- The annual subscription is divided between the WI itself and the National and County Federations.
- WIs meet once a month on a regular date a minimum of 11 times a year and many also arrange other activities during the month according to their members interests.
- A WI may only be formed by a WI Adviser (a member appointed by the National Federation) who will explain the procedure and the rules of the WI before a decision is taken.